Week #7

This week I did not make much progress on my project, as I have been very busy studying for an upcoming physics exam. I did, however, attend the Train mixer at ASU west on Friday. I met a ton of intelligent people and also professors at ASU west. I talked to a professor of applied computing to discuss the differences between the west campus and the Tempe campus. After talking to this professor, I started to lean more heavily toward attending ASU west rather than the Tempe campus, as the classes are smaller and more student-focused. Additionally, the computing courses at ASU west are more hands-on than the Tempe campus. The biggest highlight of the mixer, however, was meeting a fellow train scholar named Maria. Maria will be graduating this fall and already has a full-time opportunity as an information security analyst waiting for her once she graduates. I talked to her about everything, ranging from potential scholarships I could apply to, to how difficult programming was, and finally, how to land a job before I graduate. I was very grateful for the mixer because it led me to meet Maria, who in turn gave me great tips not only for my major but also for life after college!







Comments

  1. Reynaldo,
    This is so great that you got so much out of the mixer! At the time I didn't have a car, (I just bought one though, yay!) So getting out there was challenging, and I am pretty focused on attending the downtown campus since its so close, Tempe is also closer to me too. Ultimately I would go wherever I would need to but you get what I'm saying. I did just buy a car which is awesome, its a small little electric car, and I'm happy that I can get around now. Have a great weekend end, see you on the flip side!

    Alex S

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts